sf Codependence therapy
you are valuable
What is Codependence?
Codependence is a developmental disease that inhibits intimacy and fuels addiction. It's roots lie in untreated childhood relational trauma.
The symptoms of Codependence center around five core issues:
- Moderation (addiction)
I treat codependence with effective techniques that help clients take responsibility for their lives and develop the skills they need to have successful, and enjoyable relationships. Together we target the five core issues and release trauma from dysfunctional parenting.
I support my clients to:
- Esteem the self from within
- Develop personal boundaries
- Develop self-compassion
- Release shame
- Feel confident in their own reality
- Develop authenticity
- Communicate effectively and authentically
- Stop victim/offender behavior
- Develop a capacity for true intimacy
- Know what they want/need
- Ask for what they want/need
- Develop independence and interdependence
- Develop tools for sobriety
- Develop a personal spirituality