your local sf therapist
i've been there
I am holistic and heart centered and although I have seen clients from all over the bay area and the globe, at heart I am your local SF Mission therapist. I live and work in this great neighborhood and I love it here in 94110.
My passion is helping clients develop awareness, compassion, great relationships and the life they want. My mission is to create an environment where you or you and your partner feel safe to explore, heal and grow.
I bring my deep gratitude and personal experience of transformation and recovery with me into my work as a psychotherapist. I am a real person who is on her own healing journey and does her own work. I don't ask my clients to do things that I haven't done or don't strive to do myself.
I live with my amazing husband and our handsome rat terrier. In addition to being a licensed psychotherapist (my dream job), I enjoy spending time with my recovery community, talking with my partner about spirituality, recovery and psychology, participating in trainings, workshops and retreats, sitting in the sun, soaking in warm water, cooking, Wes Anderson's films, all kinds of novels, long road trips, thrifting and flea marketing, walking our dog in our vibrant neighborhood and swimming in the beautiful pacific ocean.
I received my Bachelors degree in Counseling Psychology from the College of Santa Fe and my Masters degree in Integral Counseling Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies. I am a fully licensed psychotherapist with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. I have deepened my post graduate studies by participating in ongoing seminars and trainings on various topics related to psychology, couples therapy, Jungian Psychology and Gestalt therapy.
- Batchelor's Degree in Counseling Psychology from the College of Santa Fe
- Master's Degree in Integral Psychology from the California Institute of Integral Studies
- Jungian Psychotherapy Theory and Practice: Training with Linda Cunningham PhD MFT
- Yoga Theory and Practice: 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training at the Chi Yoga Institute
- Sandtray Therapy Theory and Practice: training with Linda Cunningham PhD MFT
- Gestalt Therapy: Practicum and training Church St Integral Counseling Center
- Advanced Gestalt Theory and Practice: Training with Jim Conwell MFT
- Advanced Gestalt Training; Bay Area Gestalt Institute with Lu Grey MFT and Frank Rubenfeld PhD
- PACT: Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy with the PACT Institute
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy: Theory and Practice with Diana Fosha PhD
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy: Advanced training in theory and practice with Miriam Marsolais PhD
- Healing Shame: Training Workshop for Therapists and Helping Professionals with Bret Lyon, PhD and Sheila Rubin, LMFT, RDT/BCT
I am influenced by and/or have specialized training in the following areas:
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Vipassana Meditation and Mindfulness Practice
Systems Theory and Family Therapy
Professional Affiliations and Memberships:
CAMFT California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists